Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Genius of Albert Einstein! He was not only a physicist, but also a great philosopher who induldged himself into politics and had a direct impact on the development of historical events! His sayings are often quoted. The ones I like most are:
· “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.”
· “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
· “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
· “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
· “Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.”
· “Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.”
· “If A equals success, then the formula is _ A = _ X + _ Y + _ Z. _ X is work. _ Y is play. _ Z is keep your mouth shut.”
· “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
A flash back of Einstein and his love for music and the intersection of physics and music in his life.
Mozart and Bach were his favorite composers, so I chose two pieces he liked to go with this video; Mozart's Quartet in G major, K.156 - I. Presto, and Bach's Concerto in D Minor for Two Violins - Vivace.