Saturday, January 2, 2010

Josephine Baker



Quotes by Josephine.....

"Beautiful? It's all a question of luck. I was born with good legs. As for the rest . . . beautiful, no. Amusing, yes.”

“I like Frenchmen very much, because even when they insult you they do it so nicely.”

“. . . I improvised, crazed by the music. . . . Even my teeth and eyes burned with fever. Each time I leaped I seemed to touch the sky and when I regained earth it seemed to be mine alone."

“It [the Eiffel Tower] looked very different from the Statue of Liberty, but what did that matter? What was the good of having the statue without the liberty?”

“A violinist had a violin, a painter his palette. All I had was myself. I was the instrument that I must care for.”

“Surely the day will come when color means nothing more than the skin tone, when religion is seen uniquely as a way to speak one's soul; when birth places have the weight of a throw of the dice and all men are born free, when understanding breeds love and brotherhood.”

I believe in prayer. It's the best way we have to draw strength from heaven.”

“The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.”

“I wasn't really naked. I simply didn't have any clothes on.”




No comments:

Post a Comment